LMF Jeweler’s Resource List
We are partnered with:
Seattle Findings - LMF Student discount code: ME20
Pepe Tools - LMF Student discount code: Foxes10 (10% discount)
Lion Punch Forge - LMF Student discount code: Metalfoxes10 (10% discount)
Our Favorite Things
Resources and communities on-line:
- Ganoksin – Jeweler’s resource for everything. Check out the Bench Exchange in the Galleries section. There are several tutorials and jewelry forums for special topics.
- Seattle Metals Guild
- Society Of American Goldsmiths
- American Craft Council
- Brynmorgen Press – Tim McCreight – you will find several great jewelry books, iBooks, and apps.
- This to That – This is a great site when you are trying to figure out what and how to glue different materials together.
- Instagram & Facebook – Create a page specifically to connect with jewelry makers and metalsmiths from your area and around the world.
- Pinterest – Start collecting ideas, tips, tutorials, inspirations, and information. You can connect with jewelry makers and artists from your neighborhood and around the world.
- iMakeJewelry – by Victoria Landsford, Spiral Publications. An iPhone app dedicated to the needs of jewelry artists and metalsmiths. Use this app to calculate weights and measurements and find information on precious metals and stones. Check back weekly for tips from Victoria Landsford. I highly recommend this one.
- Metalsmith Suite – by Tim McCreight. A great resource for jewelers, with measures, conversions, and costs.
- Rio Grande – use the app for videos and direct links to their site.
Periodicals and Ibook subscriptions:
- Complete Metalsmith – Check out Brynmorgen Press to find all the books, iBooks, and Apps from Tim McCreight.
- Metalsmith Magazine – Society of North American Goldsmiths
- American Craft – American Craft Council
Supplies on-line and local!
- Rio Grande Student Account – Albuquerque NM. Register as a Little Metal Fox student and receive student discounts.
- Seattle Findings – jewelry supplies – Lynnwood. Little Metal Fox student discounts!
- Danaca Design – University Ave – University Dist. Seattle. Gallery, jewelry supplies and classes
- Tacoma Metal Arts Center –gallery, jewelry supplies, classes & workshops
- NW Rockhounds – NE 115th St – Lakecity. Lapidary, gems, jewelry supplies, and workshops
- Joann Fabrics
- Michael’s – online and local crafts and jewelry supplies
- Halstead Bead – source for findings, chain, metals, tools and more
- Otto Frei - Oakland CA. Jewelry supplies.
- Etsy – online crafts, displays, stones and jewelry supplies
- Contenti – Pawtucket, RI Jewelry supplies
- Gesswein - Bridgeport, CT Jewelry supplies
- Metalliferous - NY Jewelry supplies
- Fire Mountain Gems – Grants Pass, OR. Jewelry supplies, stones, and crafts
- Verzazio – NY For stones found on eBay and on Amazon.
- Great Companions – for cuttlebone.
- Shipwreck Beads – Lacey, WA
- All Craft USA – NYC, NY calling is better than shopping online
Metal services – refining and recycling:
- Rio Grande – Albuquerque, NM
- David H. Fell – Commerce, CA
- Hauser and Miller – St. Louis, MO
- Hoover and Strong – Buffalo, NY
- Allcraft USA
- Reactive Metals – AZ
- On-Line Metals – Seattle, WA
- Alaska Copper & Brass – Kent, WA
- Northgate Rare Coin & Precious Metals 11319 Pinehurst Way NE, Seattle, WA For fine silver coin and bars
- Red Sky Plating – Albuquerque NM Plating services
- Tiny Desk Customs – casting and custom work
#littlemetalfoxes #helencowart #julialowther #flyingfox #shoeboxstudiojewelry #jenniferstenhouse #iknowstenhouse #stenhousestudio #seattlemetalsguild