LMF Jeweler’s Resource List
Rio Grande has a program that offers new students a six month discount across most items (6 month upgrade to Wholesale account status). Use code: RFSLMF (Students who enrolled in Rio for Schools before April 9, 2021, will keep their existing benefits through one year from their date of enrollment. Students who are new to the program will enjoy wholesale benefits for six months from the date they enter this educator code.)
STEP 1: You will need to have a Rio Grande account in place. Go here to create an account: https://www.riogrande.com/account/register
*NOTE* You should not add "The School Name" as the company. If you don't have a company, you should leave it blank or add your name.
STEP 2: You will need to log into your account and go to the "Account Info" section. Add the code RFSLMF and hit submit. Once that is done, you will see the Green RFS stone in the upper left corner. (If you do not see it right away, try refreshing the page.)
Your account has now been updated to Wholesale status and your wholesale price will appear next to each product you select.
Already registered as a wholesale account or as a Rio Pro? Please enter the code to show Rio Grande that you are affiliated with Little Metal Foxes, even though the code will not change any pricing from your current wholesale or Rio Pro access.
Seattle Findings gives our students a discount. Use code: ME20
Pepe Tools offers a 10% discount. Use code: Foxes10
Lion Punch Forge has a 10% discount off any order. Use code: Metalfoxes10
Here are a few of my favorite resources for making jewelry, metals, and sculpture.
Resources and communities on-line:
- Ganoksin – Jeweler’s resource for everything. Check out the Bench Exchange in the Galleries section. There are several tutorials and jewelry forums for special topics.
- Seattle Metals Guild
- Society Of American Goldsmiths
- American Craft Council
- Brynmorgen Press – Tim McCreight – you will find several great jewelry books, iBooks, and apps.
- This to That – This is a great site when you are trying to figure out what and how to glue different materials together.
- Instagram & Facebook – Create a page specifically to connect with jewelry makers and metalsmiths from your area and around the world.
- Pinterest – Start collecting ideas – tips – tutorials – inspirations and information. You can connect with jewelry makers and artists from your neighborhood and around the world.
- iMakeJewelry – by Victoria Landsford, Spiral Publications. An iPhone app dedicated to the needs of jewelry artists and metalsmiths. Use this app to calculate weights and measurements – and find information on precious metals and stones. Check back weekly for tips from Victoria Landsford. I highly recommend this one.
- Metalsmith Suite – by Tim McCreight. A great resource for jewelers, with measures, conversions, and costs.
- Rio Grande – use the app for videos and direct links to their site.
Periodicals and Ibook subscriptions:
- Complete Metalsmith – Check out Brynmorgen Press to find all the books, iBooks, and Apps from Tim McCreight.
- Metalsmith Magazine – Society of North American Goldsmiths
- American Craft – American Craft Council
Supplies on-line and local!
- Rio Grande Student Account – Albuquerque NM. Register as a Little Metal Fox student and receive student discounts.
- Seattle Findings – jewelry supplies – Lynnwood. Little Metal Fox student discounts!
- Hardwick’s – 42nd and Roosevelt, University Dist. Seattle. New & used tools and more! (News they will be closing in Seattle Sept. 2020)
- Danaca Design – University Ave – University Dist. Seattle. Gallery, jewelry supplies and classes
- Tacoma Metal Arts Center – gallery, jewelry supplies, classes & workshops
- NW Rockhounds – NE 115th St – Lakecity. Lapidary, gems, jewelry supplies, and workshops
- Joann Fabrics
- Michael’s – online and local crafts and jewelry supplies
- Halstead Bead – source for findings, chain, metals, tools and more
- Otto Frei Oakland CA. Jewelry supplies.
- Etsy – online crafts, displays, stones and jewelry supplies
- Contenti – Pawtucket, RI Jewelry supplies
- Gesswein Bridgeport, CT Jewelry supplies
- Metalliferous NY Jewelry supplies
- Fire Mountain Gems – Grants Pass, OR. Jewelry supplies, stones, and crafts.
- Verzazio – NY For stones found on eBay and on Amazon.
- Great Companions – for cuttlebone.
- Shipwreck Beads – Lacey, WA
- All Craft USA – NYC, NY calling is better than shopping online.
Metal services – refining and recycling:
- Rio Grande – Albuquerque NM
- David H. Fell – Commerce CA
- Hauser and Miller – St. Louis MO
- Hoover and Strong – Buffalo NY
- Allcraft USA
- Reactive Metals – AZ
- On-Line Metals – Seattle – WA
- Alaska Copper & Brass – Kent WA
- Northgate Rare Coin & Precious Metals (for fine silver coin and bars) 11319 Pinehurst Way NE – Seattle WA
- Red Sky Plating – Albuquerque NM Plating services
- Tiny Desk Customs – casting and custom work
#littlemetalfoxes #helencowart #julialowther #flyngfox #shoeboxstudiojewelry #jenniferstenhouse #iknowstenhouse #stenhousestudio #seattlemetalsguild