LMF Jeweler’s Resource List
Rio Grande: To see prices for precious metal items, you need a free Rio Grande account. Registered Little Metal Foxes students can access the Rio for Schools program for significant savings (discounts and flat-rate shipping).
Seattle Findings gives our students a 10% discount. We send the code in your class emails.
Here are a few of my favorite resources for making jewelry, metals, and sculpture.
Resources and communities on-line:
- Ganoksin – Jeweler’s resource for everything. Check out the Bench Exchange in the Galleries section. There are several tutorials and jewelry forums for special topics.
- Seattle Metals Guild
- Society Of American Goldsmiths
- American Craft Council
- Brynmorgen Press – Tim McCreight – you will find several great jewelry books, iBooks, and apps.
- This to That – This is a great site when you are trying to figure out what and how to glue different materials together.
- Instagram & Facebook – Create a page specifically to connect with jewelry makers and metalsmiths from your area and around the world.
- Pinterest – Start collecting ideas – tips – tutorials – inspirations and information. You can connect with jewelry makers and artists from your neighborhood and around the world.
- iMakeJewelry – by Victoria Landsford, Spiral Publications. An iPhone app dedicated to the needs of jewelry artists and metalsmiths. Use this app to calculate weights and measurements – and find information on precious metals and stones. Check back weekly for tips from Victoria Landsford. I highly recommend this one.
- Metalsmith Suite – by Tim McCreight. A great resource for jewelers, with measures, conversions, and costs.
- Rio Grande – use the app for videos and direct links to their site.
Periodicals and Ibook subscriptions:
- Complete Metalsmith – Check out Brynmorgen Press to find all the books, iBooks, and Apps from Tim McCreight.
- Metalsmith Magazine – Society of North American Goldsmiths
- American Craft – American Craft Council
Supplies on-line and local!
- Rio Grande Student Account – Albuquerque NM. Register as a Little Metal Fox student and receive student discounts.
- Seattle Findings – jewelry supplies – Lynnwood. Little Metal Fox student discounts!
- Hardwick’s – 42nd and Roosevelt, University Dist. Seattle. New & used tools and more! (News they will be closing in Seattle Sept. 2020)
- Danaca Design – University Ave – University Dist. Seattle. Gallery, jewelry supplies and classes
- Tacoma Metal Arts Center – gallery, jewelry supplies, classes & workshops
- NW Rockhounds – NE 115th St – Lakecity. Lapidary, gems, jewelry supplies, and workshops
- Joann Fabrics
- Michael’s – online and local crafts and jewelry supplies
- Halstead Bead – source for findings, chain, metals, tools and more
- Otto Frei Oakland CA. Jewelry supplies.
- Etsy – online crafts, displays, stones and jewelry supplies
- Contenti – Pawtucket, RI Jewelry supplies
- Gesswein Bridgeport, CT Jewelry supplies
- Metalliferous NY Jewelry supplies
- Fire Mountain Gems – Grants Pass, OR. Jewelry supplies, stones, and crafts.
- Verzazio – NY For stones found on eBay and on Amazon.
- Great Companions – for cuttlebone.
- Shipwreck Beads – Lacey, WA
- All Craft USA – NYC, NY calling is better than shopping online.
Metal services – refining and recycling:
- Rio Grande – Albuquerque NM
- David H. Fell – Commerce CA
- Hauser and Miller – St. Louis MO
- Hoover and Strong – Buffalo NY
- Allcraft USA
- Reactive Metals – AZ
- On-Line Metals – Seattle – WA
- Alaska Copper & Brass – Kent WA
- Northgate Rare Coin & Precious Metals (for fine silver coin and bars) 11319 Pinehurst Way NE – Seattle WA
- Red Sky Plating – Albuquerque NM Plating services
- Tiny Desk Customs – casting and custom work
#littlemetalfoxes #helencowart #julialowther #flyngfox #shoeboxstudiojewelry #jenniferstenhouse #iknowstenhouse #stenhousestudio #seattlemetalsguild