Saturday, January 30, 2021
1:00 - 4:00 pm PST
Instructor: Jennifer Stenhouse
Beginning to Intermediate Levels
Zoom link and instructions for joining the call will be emailed 30 minutes prior to class.
The class supply list is below and contains links to buy the supplies you need.
Supply List for Students
The links below will take you to RioGrande.com or other suppliers. To see prices for precious metal items, you need a free Rio Grande account. Registered Little Metal Foxes students can access the Rio for Schools program for significant savings (discounts and flat-rate shipping). This site may contain Amazon and other affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, at no cost to you, we may receive a small commission on qualifying purchases.
Materials for Cuttlebone casting:
- Cuttlebones: these can be purchased from bird suppliers and some jewelry suppliers. I get my medium to large bones from Great Companions online.
- Metal: Scrap sterling silver from your studio or buy an ounce of sterling casting grain
From your local hardware store:
- Thin iron binding wire (20-24g,)
- Dust Mask
- Coarse sandpaper
- Sand, pumice rocks, solder bricks, or clay kitty litter to hold cuttlebones propped up securely while casting
- Carving tools like an X-acto knife or dental tools
- Borax (20 Mule Team is available from the grocery store on the laundry detergent aisle.)
Metal and jewelry tools: